Do you need legal help? The following resources are available, and I encourage you to make use of them:


  • On  Tuesdays, attorney Eric Myssura provides consultations on immigration issues. And on Fridays, attorney Shawn Malachovsky provides consultations on general legal matters. This service is funded by the City University of New York and the New York City Council. Attorneys work in my district office by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 718-556-7370.

  • New York City’s Tenant Support Unit hosts office hours to provide support to tenants who may be experiencing housing related issues such as repair needs, harassment, purposeful denial of essential services, overcharges or possible evictions. If you are experiencing any housing-related issues and would like to speak with a Tenant Support Specialist, email or call (347) 853-6152.

  • Does your landlord harass you? Has your landlord shut off services or refused to make repairs? Have you been charged illegal fees or rent increases? Legal Aid Society and Legal Services NYC can help.  Call 917-661-4505. 

  • Are you having difficulties getting special education services for your child? Are you unsure of how to approach your school regarding special educational needs? Do you believe your child has been unfairly suspended? Help is available. Call 718-233-6480. 

  • Sued by a creditor in civil court? Come to Claro—Civil Legal Advice and Resource Office—before filing your answer.


If you have any feedback or would like to add/change a resource on this list, please email my communications director